Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tool 11

1.My favorite tool is the I-pad, computer at your fingertips, in your hand and on the go. It has easy access to your notes, calendar and resources. The portability of this technological tool helps you manage on the run! There has been a lot of support available from Summer U, Atomic learning and on the internet. I created a pretest and alternate assessment on the topic Digital Citizenship for my class. Other resources on the topic are Learning.com, I-Safe and Teacher Tube where excellent instructional videos,lessons and resources can be found.
 2.My thinking has been transformed in many ways, more from the Summer-U experience than from 11 tools. What I am most proud of is that I no longer fear technology. I truly believe that I am able to incorporate many of the technological tools and practices into my classroom routines in a meaningful way that enhances learning. Surprisingly I don't think very many accommodations will need to be made. It will be mostly the frequency and the way it is embedded in the natural order of how we do things.

 3. There were some unexpected outcomes. I found myself, after much confusion, really learning. It tickled me when I found myself assisting others, and completing tools finally without any further assistance. This was truly unexpected. I have increased confidence and willingness to try new things. I also have a desire to continue learning in this area of study! Wow! You can teach old dogs new tricks!

2 comments:

  1. Never too old to learn! Old dogs rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally rocked the tools! I have to say that I'm so proud of you for stepping out and taking the risks to make it successful. You are amazing! Can't wait to see how it looks in your classroom. It's going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete